Saturday, August 1, 2026

Memories

​What joy there is to be found in reminiscing memorable moments from our past! Being reunited again with Kelly reminds me of the first time I had seen her after leaving Arizona back in 1991 and moving to Washington. She had randomly contacted me out of the blue while I was living in Spokane, and said she was planning to be in Seattle in three week’s time, and would I like to meet her. That question needed no answer, because she knew I would be thereπŸ’•! And here now, in Canada, just as then, we picked up where we had left off last April in Europe.πŸ€—


Good friends are like a favorite memory. And even in their absence, they are never beyond our heart πŸ’œ.  

The day started out visiting over several cups of coffee. Our AirBnb is beyond disappointing, but we both figured it was a laughable memory for our future trips. The pictures on the web site are completely inaccurate, with one reviewer saying they were AI generated.  There is no microwave or coffee maker, nor even an electric tea kettle! We boil our water in a pot on the stove, but we say we are roughing it πŸ˜‚. We contemplated leaving this AirBnb and finding another, but then we decided to make the best of it, and we’ve been just fine. I forgot to mention that it is exceptionally chilly (I’d guess 56-58• where we are (basement of someone’s home) but there is no thermostat. That was also mentioned in one of the reviews πŸ˜‚. It was posted as a ‘New Listing’ when I was searching a few weeks past, so there were no reviews posted when I booked it. When we pulled up the site last night on AirBnb, we found a 3.5 star rating…two good reviews from out of country folks (Mexico & China), and 3 poor reviews from United States visitors. Maybe our expectations are too high? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ And one other thing, there is no street parking…unless you apply for a ‘courtesy pass’ from the state of Ontario, which required me to create an account, at a place I will never visit again, and request a courtesy pass one. day. at. a. time. That meant going online and resubmitting all of the auto information, our address, and our name, five times in row.πŸ™„πŸ˜‚ And then our AirBnb host, who was very difficult to make contact with, only came outside because I walked into his house by mistake at first. He the pointed out where to park. In the morning, we had a sign on the windshield that said ‘Please do not park here’. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I write this because I want to remember it, down to the last absurd detail. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 

So, last night when we returned, I parked the car one car length further back on the curb, and wrote a short but sweet note on the back of the note I had received, stating we are visitors here until August 4th, where are host lives, along with ‘We were told to park here.’  I’ll photograph a response if there is one this morning! πŸ˜‚

But OH! Yesterday! What a lovely day! We set out for Niagra Falls, and had several relaxing stops along the way. And I was SHOCKED to find this is WINE COUNTRY!😱 Vineyards everywhere!  

The bridge spanning over the Niagra River to the U.S. side 😊.  Home πŸ’•. And along with vineyards there is and abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables all around!  

PS…Kelly got up so no time to proof blog! Sorry for any errors! 😬

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loo Review Casa Loma πŸ˜†

​Loo’s in a castle in Toronto!πŸ˜‚ Simply lovely. πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘