Off again, a bit further this time. I will meet up with Kelly in Toronto, Ontario. Our conversation several weeks past was rather funny…
‘ I miss you. Let’s meet up somewhere.’ (Me)
‘ I’ve always wanted to go to Toronto! How about there?’ (Kelly)
Me ππΌπππππππππππ ‘Alrighty! Toronto it is!’ And me, thinking I’d never step foot in Canada again! π
So here I sit in Salt Lake City, waiting for my flight to Toronto. I am looking forward to seeing Kelly and spending some time with her. I think we’re at the age where we realize we really don’t have to see EVERYthing there is to see when we travel to a new location, but can also enjoy time spent in the Airbnb just being together. We certainly have a lot of memories to reminisce on!π
The funny of the day (thus farπ)… I boarded a 5:30 AM flight from home. I was next to an older woman, and we were both reading during the entire flight so we spent no time in idle conversation. After landing in Salt Lake, I walked around for about an hour and then decided to have breakfast. My layover is 3 1/2 hours, so I had plenty of time. She must’ve decided to eat at the same place because when she was leaving, she stopped by my table and said, ‘You were my seat mate!’
I smiled and nodded and said, ‘Yes!’
She then said, ‘You’re from England, aren’t you …’
I giggled and said, ‘No, I’m from Missoula.’
That was a first π. Actually, it was a second, believe it or not. I recall one time flying through Chicago O’Hare (post Kelly tripπ). I was putting my things on the conveyor belt to go through security. I had a light sweater on and I looked at the TSA agent and asked, ‘Shall I put the sweater up there?’ (Accent on the last word of the sentence, and sounding more like a statement than a questionπ.)
‘British?’ He asked.
‘I certainly can be,’ I offered, wondering what perk that might get me πππ.
His inquisitive look made me realize he obviously hadn’t understood what I meant by that, so I went on to explain, just Montana. I’m from Montana.’ π
He shrugged his shoulders and said, ‘Well you sound British.’ πππ
Most people always ask if I’m from Minnesota or North Dakota, depending on how excited or tired I am when I’m talking. That’s a given. But England… not so common. But I do take it as a compliment.πππππ
I’ll find a picture for the Blog just so I don’t leave you empty-handed!ππ€

Home π€π☺️


The hardest part of being away…π
No comments:
Post a Comment