Thursday, October 1, 2026

And onto Beer

​Before I travel anywhere out of the country, I spend time learning as much as I can about that country, and things I don’t want to miss while I’m there. One of my favorite vloggers I turned to is ‘Wolter’s World’. I am unsure what Wolter does for a living, but he travels extensively! And he does the most practical, insightful, and helpful vlogs on almost every city I’ve been to thus far! When I was watching the Bruges vlog he put out, he mentioned that if you go to Belgium, you have got to try their beer. Even if you don’t like beer, which I don’t. But in Belgium, they use herbs! Some hops I was told, although Wolter said in the past, they did not use hops at all, but only herbs. I would believe him over the younger people from a couple of generations beyond his, as they say all of their beer making uses hops.  

Wolter HIGHLY recommended Bourgogne de Flanders, a brewery built in the early 1900s, and famous for their signature beer, which is named after their brewery (that long title above, so I am not going to respell itπŸ˜‚). So we went there after we wandered around Bruges for a time, and of course, after we picked up a little sample bag of chocolate, because in Belgium, they do it VERY well! So I will insert a couple of photos from a neat chocolate shop where we could pick and choose from a long line of options!


And now…BEER!πŸ˜‚

And we were able to sit on the patio adjacent to the canal!


The beer was so very different! Not bitter at all. Slightly tangy, and so smooth! If that’s how one describes beer.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I noticed several people were carrying ‘flights’ (SIX samples at LEAST 4-5 ounces each😱) to their table, which I had hoped to try the next day (todayπŸ€“), but just around the corner was a shop selling all of the BdF beer, as it was owned by the brewery. So we picked out four or five bottles with very unusual titles to try our own flight in the safety of our hometel. More on that this evening when we create our ‘flight’!

And beautiful, stunning Bruge…


I believe the statue is representing Jesus in every person you see… The feet are pierced πŸ˜”.

Above is a glimpse of BdF from the other side of the canal. That is precisely where we were sitting a mere hour-and-a-half later!

Looks like a door out of the ‘Shire!πŸ˜‚πŸ’•


I apologize if I’ve put duplicate photos in… there are just so many beautiful sites to see, and I don’t want to take time going back to check because my morning window of time is narrowing. so instead, you can enjoy them twice.πŸ˜‚

Our patron saint of our hometel πŸ‘† πŸ€—πŸ’•  .

This was too cute to pass up! And for now  will sign off. Time to start getting ready for another day! πŸ’•πŸ€—πŸ’•

No comments:

Post a Comment

And onto Beer

​Before I travel anywhere out of the country, I spend time learning as much as I can about that country, and things I don’t want to miss whi...