Saturday, October 3, 2026

Girls on a Boat πŸ˜†

​The canal cruise in and around Bruges was every bit as beautiful as that in Ghent! When our ‘guide’, a young college-age man, heard us speaking, he asked if we were from the U.S.. His hometown is Bruges, but he is studying law in New York. He said he came home for a time because he was homesick, but judging on his interaction with us during the boat tour, it is evident he is anxious to get back to the United StatesπŸ’•.  

There is a neat sculpture in here…I mostly missed it, but maybe you can see it πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•  

These metal ‘anchors’ are on most all of the buildings.  Apparently they help support the weight of the aging, brick walls and bridges.  I like to say, ‘The Anchor holds’πŸ€—πŸ’•πŸ™. 

The lowest bridge in Bruges…we had to duck!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

These little white face birds are everywhere! So cute πŸ˜†!

Replicas of the original homes built in Bruges and constructed with wood. 



This is the oldest, preserved hospital in Europe! It was built in the early 1100’s, and functioned as a hospital for 800 years!😱 It now serves as a studio for a local, famous artist. A beautiful building, with a plethora of stories, I’d imagine😳.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚In my editing, I see a lot of duplicate photos. So sorry for that! I am rushing, as my time is running low. I’ll try to blog some along the journey to Calais and Do er if there is wifi. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Back on the Train

​BUUUT…is it the RIGHT train?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ As is customary for Nettie and I, we get to the train station at at least 30 minutes in advance so as to...