I have Nettie loading pictures onto the ’Girlsadventure’ blog this evening , so as to allow me more time to blog on ‘adventuresinlateryears’. So now you have me all to yourself!
Today was an easy and relaxing day of getting lost, and then getting found again π. We started out intending to figure out if there is a tube line that went to Heathrow. There is! Then we decided to set out for some of our favorite local places that we hadn’t been to yet… England’s original version of ‘the Square’, I imagine, from back in the early years (1400’ - 1800’s). Westminster Abbey, Parliament, and the Supreme Court are located here. Along with a bunch of impressive memorial statues. Some I recognized (Abraham Lincoln and Winston Churchill), and most I did not.
The crowds were unbelievable…more people/congestion than I’ve ever seen before in my past trips! π±
We only stayed long enough to get a couple of photos and then headed out of downtown London.
But before we left, we visited the Supreme Court building. We were actually able to go into a live hearing! The case was titled ‘Trinidad and Tobago’. Five judges sat on the bench, with three ‘barristers’ (attorneys) representing each side. Fascinating! And the building itself was just beautiful!
I found it entertaining that the Supreme Court's justices and staff have the most cushy ‘loos in all of England!
A one ‘n done! πππππ
Even a dedicated room for ‘nappy’ needs!πππ
Around the corner and across the street was a fantastic lunch spot, so we walked there to have a bite before leaving downtown London. π€
Believe it or not, it was our first fish’n chips since arriving here!
But not our first ciders π…
And of course, we had to work to get to it allπππππ!
πππππ Aye, aye, aye!






























No comments:
Post a Comment