Thursday, October 8, 2026

Freebies

Navigating to our next spot (anywhere away from the crazy, crowd-filled city), we experienced our first ‘re-routing’ of a train line. ‘Severe delays’ is what they kept saying, so we decided just to walk north😂. We first came across the beautiful Natural History Museum, and then the British Museum, which was free!😱😱😆😆 So, in we went! And they had lovely (and free🥳) toilets!  Needless to say, as is customary for all of the museums in England, it was stunning…marble everywhere!

After tooling around the exhibits for a time, we decided to move onto the next adventure.  Within two blocks of the British Museum, we found THIS!…

“If you notice the sign,” I told Nanette, “that’s our entry ticket.”😆

There was NO ONE in there except for one man!! But after a time, I saw a lone clergy man up front. This is the oldest, Catholic Church in England! It dates back to 1202 😱! We drove past it on our way back from Oxford yesterday evening, and I recall the tour guide pointing it out. 

What a treat to be able to see this! I would have loved to attend a Mass there💕.  And just beyond the church…

It is unfortunate they have the sign behind this, but it is touchingly beautiful nonetheless 🥹. 

I’ll take a break for now. I realize how much I prefer blogging when I am alone…my thoughts are clearer.  Tomorrow, hopefully💕.

In the morning we are headed to Brighton on a FLIX bus. We’ll have to navigate out way to the pick-up station, which is an hour away on the Underground, but the bus doesn’t leave until 10 am, so it should be simple 🤓.  I am so looking forward to being near the ocean again. 💕🤗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swept Away in Brighton

LITERALLY!  I’ve not been in such horrific wind in a LONG time!😂 But it sure made for some fun selfies!  We assured our server we don’t alw...