Monday, October 5, 2026

Doors

​Doors in Europe are interesting…the knob is often in the center of the door, because few have knobs that actually turn. Instead, once the MANY locks are disengaged, you simply push the door open. I remember our Airbnb in Venice had six (truly)) deadbolts that would each disengage with the subsequent rotations of the key πŸ˜‚. It was rather funny! Unless you had to wee, in which case it seemed to take forEVER!πŸ˜‚ 

And speaking of locks, I thought this was pretty.  πŸ’•

Our hometel is in a very safe ‘hood, has a locked main entry, and there are still two deadbolts and a chain to secure the door. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚


The sign says ‘push’ . πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚  

And I thought this one was especially lovely.  πŸ˜Œ


No comments:

Post a Comment

Heathrow

I used to enjoy watching a YouTube show titled, ‘Heathrow’, and it was about London’s busiest airport. They said Heathrow is a city within i...