Tuesday, October 6, 2026

The Tube

Perhaps my favorite genre of books to read are historical novels set in World War II. I have learned many fascinating things about England in general in reading these books, because the primary characters are often from England.  One of those tidbits that stands out so clearly is the fact that whole communities were housed in the tube lines after Germany began its heavy bombing of Europe.  I can no longer go down an escalator into the Tube without that realization springing quickly to mind! There are multiple layers of tube tunnels, and yesterday we were on the ‘Jubilee Line’ for a time, which seems to be one of the deepest that we’ve been on this far. The escalator shows how long to get to just to the first level and onto the Jubilee Line…

It truly is an efficient way to travel! We started on one of the pretty, red, double decker buses, but soon realized they were relegated to drive in traffic, which always seems crazy when in or around London! 😬 So, we hopped off when we saw some familiar sights, and continued on down under 😏. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!!  

I’d best get ready for our Golden Tour excursion 😊. If I recall reading, they have Wifi access on the bus, so I’m hoping I can blog some throughout the day.🤗💕🤗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Conserving

No blog from the bus…need to conserve battery power. But it’s been wonderful!